After 10 years of research on the best “Diet,” and sifting through hundreds of scientific papers, reading all the diet books from Atkins to Zone, Dr. Geo Espinosa has compiled these 12 simple rules for exceptional eating.
- Do not eat ANY food with guilt, ie. enjoy the darn cookie every now and then
- If your grandmother does not or would not recognize the food, it’s probably NOT A FOOD.
- Spice it up. Spices are therapeutic and just taste good.
- If the food takes a long time to spoil or it doesn’t spoil, it’s not good for you.
- If the ingredients list is more than 4 unpronounceable words, it’s probably JUNK. Best foods have just one word as an ingredient, e.g. broccoli
- Limit sugars, fruit juices and white flour foods as much as Godly possible. Yes fruit juice too. It’s only marginally better than soda.
- If eating MEATS, no problem. Just don’t overcook. Best if the animal source was eating their natural diet before it ended up on your plate.
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of CLEAN water a day. If eating lots of fruits and vegetables, only 4 to 6 cups a day is needed. Tea also counts.
- Portion control – is OK to leave food on your plate – don’t tell your mother I said that.
- Eat mostly plants, especially greens. They are filled with tons of plant chemicals that are more anti-carcinogenic..
- Exclude diets of exclusion; low-fat this, low-carb that, diet this, low sugar that. If you are going to have ice cream, have the real thing. See rule #1.
- Buy foods from LOCAL FARMS or FARMERS MARKETS (even if it’s not labeled organic) first, then health food stores.